The iRobot Roomba categorizes a long list of industrially advanced vacuum cleaners. Manufactured by the iRobot Corporation, these advanced vacuum cleaners are highly autonomous so that these can function on their own. Like a robot, the iRobot vacuum moves around your house unmanned.
Tagged as a luxurious group of cleaning tools, the iRobot highlights the iRobot Roomba as the most popular model. Within this model, we can choose between 805, 860, and 890. Tracing a long line of developments from the classic vacuum cleaner towards later innovations, the iRobot Roomba marks itself as the newest and most popular vacuum cleaner type these days.
The Vacuum Cleaner Technological Innovation Through the Years:
- The classic vacuum cleaner design that first graced the industry is the upright vacuum. It was a major breakthrough then. More versions of the upright vacuum style came pouring in ever since.
- The iRobot Roomba then became known for two words: luxuriously expensive. Owning the robot vacuum today means a hands-free and relaxed house cleaning experience. Like a robot, the robot vacuum moves on its own to clean and suck dust in both large and small areas in your house.
Identifying the perfect iRobot Roomba version for your needs is the buyer’s ultimate responsibility. Fortunately, we have laid all three versions herein not only to compare roomba models (for not one is obviously better than the other) but also to gain a professional analysis from the three.
Get ready for the ultimate irobot roomba 805 vs 869 vs 890 showdowns!
iRobot Roomba Reviews
1. The iRobot Roomba 805 Cleaning Vacuum Robot with Dual Virtual Wall Barriers and Bonus Filter Review
Among the three other versions, the iRobot Roomba 805 Cleaning Vacuum Robot works with tighter pacing and pressure. Maintaining the 3-stage cleaning system– suction clean-everything, dual multi-surface brushing, and edge sweeping brushing system— literally does not miss single dust. To best illustrate this 3-stage cleaning system, let us understand its actions as loosening, lifting and overall suctioning.
With this kind of process, particles in their most minute size find it hard to get away from the pull. Read further into this Roomba 805 Review to learn more.
Due to the iRobot Roomba 805, Cleaning Vacuum Robot enhanced cleaning brush, the autonomous vacuum cleaner is able to deal with large and small dirt debris. In a way, provides sufficient dirt-cleaning concentration. Consequently, this makes the vacuum a great tool for carpets, rugs, hardwood floors are any other area that requires concentrated cleaning.
Despite its complex controls (users not used to its system may find it difficult to use it for the first time), the iRobot Roomba 805 Cleaning Vacuum Robot should work to your advantage. Once you get the hang of it– say it 2-3 days– you will certainly enjoy its perks.
The iRobot Roomba 805 Cleaning Vacuum Robot utilizes two main brushes: one for loosening dirt and the other for picking the dirt up. These two brushes function intelligently into syncing into an overdrive control as it further responds to various pressures. In other words, these brushes are pressure-sensitive. So, there is no need to push the vacuum around.
It is important to note at first that this product is quite costly, in terms of buying price and second, in terms of maintenance. It is a high-maintenance vacuum cleaner, by all means. Broken parts, albeit their durability, are not easily replaced with surplus materials. And this falls as a major concern.
- Has tangle-free extractors
- Uses 3-stage cleaning systems
- Best for concentrated cleaning
- Best for carpets, rags and hardwood floors
- Lightweight material
- Automatic charging feature
- Has navigation sensors
- Highly durable
- Difficult-to-replace parts
- Complex control system
- Highly expensive
- High-maintenance tool
- Easily gets stuck
- A bit loud
- Power fluctuations
The iRobot Roomba 805 Cleaning Vacuum Robot is a genuinely concentrated cleaner with a smart, autonomous performance fit for monitored cleaning. While it is durable, it should succumb to manageable technical problems. Overall, the product is high-maintenance.
2. iRobot Roomba 860 Robotic Vacuum with Virtual Wall Barrier and Scheduling Feature
The iRobot Roomba 860 Robotic Vacuum ranks among the most trusted iRobot Roomba models endorsed by Amazon Enhanced.
From our honest roomba 860 Review, we can surmise that it has therefore gone through serious enhancements to date.
Having successfully lived by its name as a smart, simple and ultra-clean cleaning device, it nevertheless features the significance of the 3-stage cleaning system. With that, it ensures spotless floor surfaces, carpets, and furniture at a 30-minute running time. Ultimately, it achieves all these outputs with a one-click automatic control.
Unlike regular robotic vacuum cleaners, the iRobot Roomba 860 Robotic Vacuum integrates traditional methods into its technology– upright capacity, sweeping motion, etc.
Troubleshooting the vacuum cleaner proves challenging. But, that does not mean it cannot be troubleshot. Also, the product easily heats up. Thus, it would help to best maintain it by regularly replacing its batteries (at least twice in a month).
- Smart, simple and clean
- Operates with 3-stage cleaning system
- Best for all floor types
- Patented Aero Force technology
- Automatic recharging
- Multi-surface brushes
- Challenging to troubleshoot
- Easily heats up
- Shipping inconsistencies
- Lack of instruction manual
- Takes time to put up
- Problematic sensor
Outside its shipping-related problems and a tendency to quickly heat up, the iRobot Roomba 860 Robotic Vacuum is a cleaning force to be reckoned come its extensive upgrades and 3-stage cleaning efficiency.
3. iRobot Roomba 890 Robot Vacuum- Wi-Fi Connected, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors
The iRobot Roomba 890 Robot Vacuum is truly technology at its finest. Among the three models featured herein, this vacuum cleaner with the most immediate technological responses– wi-fi-connected, Alexa-linked controls, and high-detecting sensors. Therefore, this vacuum cleaner proves to be a smart, all-cleaning tool packed with easy commands.
Also featuring a 3-stage cleaning, it up its notch five times better. All-in-all, it features a “premium” 3-stage cleaning system. All fitted for convenience, users can now easily control the robotic cleaner by installing an iRobot app for Alexa to detect. With that on hand, setting the tool for cleaning deems the slightest effort possible.
The iRobot Roomba 890 Robot Vacuum works best with pets and kids at home, thanks to its 99% anti-allergen filter factor. This feature is further helped by a set of patented dirt-detecting sensors.
If not for its underwhelming suction power, expensive maintenance requirements, and problematic brushes, the product would have been perfect.
- Smart technology
- Wi-fi-connected, Alexa-linked
- High-detecting sensors
- Premium 3-stage cleaning system
- Has anti-allergen filter factor; best with pets around the house
- Dual multi-surface rubber brushes
- Durable casing
- Compact design
- 90-minute running time
- Underwhelming suction power (despite claims)
- Expensive maintenance requirements (high-maintenance)
- Problematic rubber brushes
- Detachable bumpers
- Brief power fluctuations
- Powerful but short-lived sensors
- Entwines with carpets and rags
- A bit noisy
- Difficult to clean filters
The iRobot Roomba 890 Robot Vacuum, as per our roomba 890 Review, proves to be the most technologically-advanced cleaning model from the three. On the other hand, it should deem meticulous handling and maintenance.
From our quick run-down review of the irobot roomba 805 vs 869 vs 890, we can conclude that the top three iRobot Roomba models: 805, 860 and 890 are full-pledged robotic cleaning machines. Therefore, they all, at one point or another, embody the convenience provided for by their own technological feats.
The common issues downplaying the iRobot Roomba capacities boil down to maintenance and troubleshooting. On the other hand, their common highlight is the 3-stage cleaning system. In the end, they should deliver– through varying degrees and styles– at par with the expectations placed unto them.
You may also check Stick Vacuum Vs. Upright Vacuum (2020): Which Works Best For You?
Take a look at these picks from Amazon also:
- MORE THOUGHTFUL THAN YOU THOUGHT - The Roomba 694 takes vacuuming off your mind with personalized cleaning suggestions powered by the unique...
- 3-STAGE CLEANING POWER - The 3-Stage Cleaning system lifts dirt, dust and debris from carpets and hard floors while an Edge-Sweeping brush takes care...
- FOCUSED CLEANING YOU CAN COUNT ON - IRobot's Patented Dirt Detect Technology allows the Roomba 694 robot vacuum to detect dirtier areas of your home...
- DON'T LET MESSES MESS WITH YOUR SCHEDULE - Simply use the IRobot Home App or your voice assistant to tell the Roomba 694 robot to vacuum and consider...
- A FULL SUITE OF ADVANCED SENSORS - You don’t have to worry about Roomba 694 Series Robot Vacuum getting around your home to get the job done: A full...
- CLEANS UP AFTER YOU, AND ITSELF - Forget about vacuuming for months at a time with the Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal that allows the i7 to empty...
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE AND POWERFUL PICK-UP - Pulls in stubborn and messes with a Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System and 10X the Power-Lifting Suction....
- GUIDED BY SERIOUS SMARTS - With vSLAM navigation, the i7 learns the layout of your home and builds personal Smart Maps, enabling it to expertly clean...
- VACUUMS MESSES IN THE MOMENT - Cleaning crumbs is now as easy as “Roomba, clean under the kitchen table.” A simple request to your voice...
- COMPLETE CONTROL OF YOUR CLEAN - With Smart Mapping, your robot knows your kitchen from your living room, so you can decide where it cleans and when....
- THE DREAM TEAM OF CLEAN - With Imprint Link Technology, the Roomba s9 robot vacuum and Braava jet m6 robot mop team up to vacuum then mop...
- CLEANS UP AFTER YOU, AND ITSELF - Forget about vacuuming for months at a time with the Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal that allows the s9 to empty...
- DEEPEST CLEAN - With 40x the suction power, the superior 3-Stage Cleaning System lifts, loosens, then eliminates debris and pet hair from deep within...
- DETAILED POWERFUL CLEAN - PerfectEdge Technology with advanced sensors and a specially designed Corner Brush optimize cleaning deep into corners and...
- THE ULTIMATE ROBOT MOP - The Braava jet m6 robot mops like you would. You can tell it where and when to clean, and Precision Jet Spray helps tackle...
- EVERYDAY CLEAN - The 614 is a great way to begin cleaning your home smarter. Just press CLEAN to clean up daily dirt, dust, and debris - for...
- LOOSENS, LIFTS, and SUCTIONS - The 3 Stage Cleaning system and Dual Multi-Surface brushes grab dirt from carpets and hard floors, an Edge-Sweeping...
- ADAPTIVE NAVIGATION - A full suite of advanced sensors allow Roomba to navigate under and around furniture, and along edges. Cliff Detect keeps it...
- CLEAN FLOORS EVERYDAY - Provides a system of cleaning features and smart sensors that allow the robot to adjust to your unique home and deliver a...
- SENSES AND ELIMINATES DIRT - Dirt Detect Sensors alert your robot about dirtier areas of your home, like high-traffic spots, and cleans them more...
- THE WORLD'S SMARTEST CLEANING ROBOTS JUST GOT SMARTER - IRobot OS powers your Roomba j7plus to clean the way you want it to. It avoids objects in its...
- AVOIDS PET ACCIDENTS ON PURPOSE – WE GUARANTEE IT - Only IRobot brings you P.O.O.P. (Pet Owner Official Promise). You can rely on your Roomba j7plus...
- NO NEED TO PICK UP BEFORE YOU CLEAN - The Roomba j7plus robot vacuum uses IRobot OS Technology and PrecisionVision Navigation to recognize and avoid...
- CLEANS WHEN and WHERE YOU WANT– Only IRobot brings you Imprint Smart Mapping allowing you to control and schedule which rooms are cleaned and when,...
- MORE THOUGHTFUL THAN YOU THOUGHT - The Roomba j7plus takes vacuuming off your mind with personalized cleaning suggestions powered by the unique...
- Power Lifting Suction delivers 10X the air power for improved pick up performance; Automatically increases cleaning performance on carpets with Power...
- Patented iAdapt 2.0 Navigation with vSLAM technology allows the robot to map its surroundings to clean an entire level of your home, around objects,...
- Ideal for homes with pets; Premium 3 stage Cleaning System cleans the dirt and pet hair you see and the allergens and dust you don't
- Dual Multi Surface Rubber Brushes adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with carpets and hard floors
- High Efficiency Filter traps 99 percent of cat and dog allergens