The iRobot Roomba categorizes a long list of industrially-advanced vacuum cleaners. Manufactured by the iRobot Corporation, these advanced vacuum cleaners are highly autonomous so that these can function on their own. Like a robot, the iRobot vacuum moves around your house unmanned.
Tagged as a luxurious group of cleaning tools, the iRobot highlights the iRobot Roomba as the most popular model. Within this model, we can choose between 805, 860, and 890. Tracing a long line of developments from the classic vacuum cleaner towards later innovations, the iRobot Roomba marks itself as the newest and most popular vacuum cleaner type these days.
The Vacuum Cleaner Technological Innovation Through the Years:
- The classic vacuum cleaner design that first graced the industry is the upright vacuum. It was a major breakthrough then. More versions of the upright vacuum style came pouring in ever since.
- The iRobot Roomba then became known for two words: luxuriously expensive. Owning the robot vacuum today means a hands-free and relaxed house cleaning experience. Like a robot, the robot vacuum moves on its own to clean and suck dust in the both large and small areas in your house.
Identifying the perfect iRobot Roomba version for your needs is the buyer’s ultimate responsibility. Fortunately, we have laid all three versions herein not only to compare roomba models (for not one is obviously better than the other) but also to gain a professional analysis from the three.
Get ready for the ultimate irobot roomba 805 vs 869 vs 890 showdown!
Top 3 iRobot Roomba Reviews 2020
1. The iRobot Roomba 805 Cleaning Vacuum Robot with Dual Virtual Wall Barriers and Bonus Filter Review
Among the three other versions, the iRobot Roomba 805 Cleaning Vacuum Robot works with tighter pacing and pressure. Maintaining the 3-stage cleaning system– suction clean-everything, dual multi-surface brushing, and edge sweeping brushing system— it literally does not miss a single dust. To best illustrate this 3-stage cleaning system, let us understand its actions as loosening, lifting and overall suctioning.
With this kind of process, particles in their most minute size find it hard to get away from the pull. Read further into this roomba 805 Review to learn more.
Due to the iRobot Roomba 805 Cleaning Vacuum Robot enhanced cleaning brush, the autonomous vacuum cleaner is able to deal with large and small dirt debris. In a way, provides sufficient dirt-cleaning concentration. Consequently, this makes the vacuum a great tool for carpets, rags, hardwood floors are any other area that requires concentrated cleaning.
Despite its complex controls (users not used to its system may find it difficult using it for the first time), the iRobot Roomba 805 Cleaning Vacuum Robot should work to your advantage. Once you get the hang of it– say it 2-3 days– you will certainly enjoy its perks.
The iRobot Roomba 805 Cleaning Vacuum Robot utilizes two main brushes: one for loosening dirt and the other for picking the dirt up. These two brushes function intelligently into syncing into an overdrive control as it further responds to various pressures. In other words, these brushes are pressure-sensitive. So, there is no need to push the vacuum around.
It is important to note at first that this product is quite costly, in terms of buying price and second, in terms of maintenance. It is a high-maintenance vacuum cleaner, by all means. Broken parts, albeit their durability, are not easily replaced with surplus materials. And this falls as a major concern.
- Has tangle-free extractors
- Uses 3-stage cleaning systems
- Best for concentrated cleaning
- Best for carpets, rags and hardwood floors
- Lightweight material
- Automatic charging feature
- Has navigation sensors
- Highly durable
- Difficult-to-replace parts
- Complex control system
- Highly expensive
- High-maintenance tool
- Easily gets stuck
- A bit loud
- Power fluctuations
- The iRobot Roomba 805 Cleaning Vacuum Robot is a genuine concentrated cleaner with smart, autonomous performance fit for monitored cleaning. While it is durable, it should succumb to manageable technical problems. Overall, the product is high-maintenance.
The iRobot Roomba 860 Robotic Vacuum ranks among the most trusted iRobot Roomba models endorsed by Amazon Enhanced.
From our honest roomba 860 Review, we can surmise that it has therefore gone through serious enhancements to date.
Having successfully lived by its name as a smart, simple and ultra-clean cleaning device, it nevertheless features the significance of the 3-stage cleaning system. With that, it ensures spotless floor surfaces, carpets, and furniture at a 30-minute running time. Ultimately, it achieves all these outputs with a one-click automatic control.
Unlike regular robotic vacuum cleaners, the iRobot Roomba 860 Robotic Vacuum integrates traditional methods into its technology– upright capacity, sweeping motion, etc.
Troubleshooting the vacuum cleaner proves challenging. But, that does not mean it cannot be troubleshot. Also, the product easily heats up. Thus, it would help to best maintain it by regularly replacing its batteries (at least twice in a month).
- Smart, simple and clean
- Operates with 3-stage cleaning system
- Best for all floor types
- Patented Aero Force technology
- Automatic recharging
- Multi-surface brushes
- Challenging to troubleshoot
- Easily heats up
- Shipping inconsistencies
- Lack of instruction manual
- Takes time to put up
- Problematic sensor
- Outside its shipping-related problems and a tendency to quickly heat up, the iRobot Roomba 860 Robotic Vacuum is a cleaning force to be reckoned come its extensive upgrades and 3-stage cleaning efficiency.
3. iRobot Roomba 890 Robot Vacuum- Wi-Fi Connected, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard Floors
The iRobot Roomba 890 Robot Vacuum is truly technology at its finest. Among the three models featured herein, this vacuum cleaner with the most immediate technological responses– wi-fi-connected, Alexa-linked controls, and high-detecting sensors. Therefore, this vacuum cleaner proves to be a smart, all-cleaning tool packed with easy commands.
Also featuring a 3-stage cleaning, it up its notch five times better. All-in-all, it features a “premium” 3-stage cleaning system. All fitted for convenience, users can now easily control the robotic cleaner by installing an iRobot app for Alexa to detect. With that on hand, setting the tool for cleaning deems the slightest effort possible.
The iRobot Roomba 890 Robot Vacuum works best with pets and kids at home, thanks to its 99% anti-allergen filter factor. This feature is further helped by a set of patented dirt-detecting sensors.
If not for its underwhelming suction power, expensive maintenance requirements, and problematic brushes, the product would have been perfect.
- Smart technology
- Wi-fi-connected, Alexa-linked
- High-detecting sensors
- Premium 3-stage cleaning system
- Has anti-allergen filter factor; best with pets around the house
- Dual multi-surface rubber brushes
- Durable casing
- Compact design
- 90-minute running time
- Underwhelming suction power (despite claims)
- Expensive maintenance requirements (high-maintenance)
- Problematic rubber brushes
- Detachable bumpers
- Brief power fluctuations
- Powerful but short-lived sensors
- Entwines with carpets and rags
- A bit noisy
- Difficult to clean filters
- The iRobot Roomba 890 Robot Vacuum, as per our roomba 890 Review, proves to be the most technologically-advanced cleaning model from the three. On the other hand, it should deem meticulous handling and maintenance.
From our quick run-down review of the irobot roomba 805 vs 869 vs 890, we can conclude that the top three iRobot Roomba models: 805, 860 and 890 are full-pledged robotic cleaning machines. Therefore, they all, at one point or another, embody the convenience provided for by their own technological feats.
The common issues downplaying the iRobot Roomba capacities boil down to maintenance and troubleshooting. On the other hand, their common highlight is the 3-stage cleaning system. In the end, they should deliver– through varying degrees and styles– at par with the expectations placed unto them.
You may also check Stick Vacuum Vs. Upright Vacuum (2020): Which Works Best For You?